Magento Website Audits
Before taking on any existing Magento site I always carry out a code audit. This is to check the quality of the coding and to find any potential problems with the site going forward.
I can give you further information in the following areas:
- Best practices - I can point out good and bad coding practices used throughout the codebase.
- Code quality - I will look at the coding standards used including commenting and consistency of coding style. I will also look at poorly implemented code.
- Performance Issues - I will use various tools to find any issues in the code which may be contributing to poor performance.
- Security Issues - I will check installed patches and look at other potential security issues.
- Issues with 3rd party modules - I will be able to identity 3rd party modules which have known issues or are poor quality modules.